Dill's FINAL ban appeal

In Game Name: Dillbug21276
State Your Problem: Banned for 'Griefing to loot chest'
What Caused Your Problem?: Looted a chest with one block ontop of said chest. Magnus banned me.
Who Was The The Mod / Admin / CM / Dev?: Magnus
What Was The Reason?: 'Griefing to loot'
Why Should You Be Unbanned?: Because i didn't break any rules, The rules state that 'simple locking' blocks can be broken, i.e the block ontop of the chest.
What Are You Going To Change If You Are Unbanned?: Nothing. I did nothing wrong so why change anything I've done.

I honestly did nothing wrong, Just because there were block on all sides of the chests, they were still noticeable and we only broke the blocks ontop of the chests. Just like the rules said we could. We made SURE that we weren't breaking any rules. If this was agenst the rules then someone should clarify the /kb looting or just make it so you cant break someone else's blocks period.

-Dill

Comments

• The chests were not visible. You may have guessed they were chests, but you didn't know you were breaking a single block to get at a chest. All you knew is that you were breaking someone else's block. that is griefing.

Throw in the glitching through windows at matt's place that clearly tell you not to, our previous confrontation, and your general bad attitude, and I'm not seeing a reason to be lenient here.

On top of all that, you have been banned and unbanned 3 times. You'd think someone given that many chances wouldn't be trying to push the limits of the rules and our patience, and yet you do. I will not be unbanning
  • Magnus77 said:

The chests were not visible. You may have guessed they were chests, but you didn't know you were breaking a single block to get at a chest. All you knew is that you were breaking someone else's block. that is griefing.

Its obvious chests where there. The /kb looting says hide them under a floor or in a wall.

Throw in the glitching through windows at matt's place that clearly tell you not to, our previous confrontation, and your general bad attitude, and I'm not seeing a reason to be lenient here.

1: Ender pearl glitch isn't illegal the rules. 2: That 'previous confrontation' was pretty b.s. on both ends. You even know that. 3: Attitude has nothing to do with this.

On top of all that, you have been banned and unbanned 3 times. You'd think someone given that many chances wouldn't be trying to push the limits of the rules and our patience, and yet you do. I will not be unbanning

but this shouldn't even be a ban..
  • I've stated my reason's, and I'm not going turn this into a debate. You broke blocks to get to a chest you couldn't see = I banned you. You've had prior offenses and a generally terrible attitude = I'm not going to unban.
  • Normally I wouldn't involve myself in another Mod+'s business, but to be clear, it is illegal to exploit glitches. It is stated clearly in the Rules section of the forum and has been there for over a year. I should know as I was the one who added it to the list in the first place. The specific rule is as follows:

List:
    ·Do not exploit glitches. This can get you Ticketed at the least, and possibly Banned at the worst.

The thread is located here:

http://peacecraft-mc.com/forums/index.php?topic=1312.0

As far as the griefing goes, having not seen the actual place I can make no judgement, and nor shall I. I put my full confidence in Magnus's judgement.
  • Aarchel said:

Normally I wouldn't involve myself in another Mod+'s business, but to be clear, it is illegal to exploit glitches. It is stated clearly in the Rules section of the forum and has been there for over a year. I should know as I was the one who added it to the list in the first place. The specific rule is as follows:

List:
    ·Do not exploit glitches. This can get you Ticketed at the least, and possibly Banned at the worst.

The thread is located here:

As far as the griefing goes, having not seen the actual place I can make no judgement, and nor shall I. I put my full confidence in Magnus's judgement.
    http://peacecraft-mc.com/forums/index.php?topic=1759.0

Never decided as illegal.
  • Enderpearls going through a transparent block is a glitch/bug, and exploiting such things is against the rules of this server.

The topic you point to is not a discussion about the legality of exploiting the glitch, but a discussion of what to do about it, at least that's how I read it. As far as I'm concerned, exploiting a glitch is always against the rules unless we officially say otherwise. The only instance of an approved exploit in my memory was allowing sand duping.

EDIT: I'm remembering that thread wrong, I guess we never completely decided one way or the other and decided to mitigate the problem instead. My bad.
  • I'll make it simple then, using enderpearls to get through transparent blocks to gain entry to a location that does not belong to you (for any reason) is illegal. This will earn a t-ban for first offense, and harsher punishments for any repeated offenses.
  • To be clear the ban is not about the glitching. It factors in my decision to say this is a pban. He specifically went to a place he was warned not to by an admin. His attitude of disrespect towards those that run the server is one of the reasons I'm being harsh in this situation, along with the others listed above

• Magnus77 said:

I've stated my reason's, and I'm not going turn this into a debate. You broke blocks to get to a chest you couldn't see = I banned you. You've had prior offenses and a generally terrible attitude = I'm not going to unban.

Looting is allowed in the wild, or in a town, (if you are a builder on the lot), as long as the chest can be opened without destroying any blocks, or if you have to destroy 1 or 2 blocks on top of the chest to open it. It is not allowed if it is part of a structure, such as in a wall or under the floor.

I'm sorry, but I don't really see anything about hidden chests there.
  • I think mag's point is that they didn't know for 100% that it was a chest and because of that them breaking the blocks would have been illegal if it wasn't a chest. You could always grief someones door and just say that you thought there was a chest below it as an excuse if the rules weren't like this. Of course I wasn't there so I can't say what happened, but that is what magnus seems to be saying. Correct me if I'm wrong mag.
  • In my eyes, a hidden chest is a protected chest, however poorly hidden it may be. You are not allowed to gamble. In light of your several previous offenses, I am standing by my ruling of this being a perma-ban. As far as I am concerned the discussion is over, and it will be up to someone else to overturn it. I wish you luck in finding a new server.
  • Steveice10 said:

[quote author=Magnus77 link=topic=1773.msg8921#msg8921 date=1345237245]
    I've stated my reason's, and I'm not going turn this into a debate. You broke blocks to get to a chest you couldn't see = I banned you. You've had prior offenses and a generally terrible attitude = I'm not going to unban.

Looting is allowed in the wild, or in a town, (if you are a builder on the lot), as long as the chest can be opened without destroying any blocks, or if you have to destroy 1 or 2 blocks on top of the chest to open it. It is not allowed if it is part of a structure, such as in a wall or under the floor.

I'm sorry, but I don't really see anything about hidden chests there.
    [/quote]

Exactly my point.. Jon gets unbanned but i don't?