Hello my friends, it is time again to make a choice, and I give you the option to choose what we do. 1.4 will be released on Halloween as it is called the Pretty Scary Update. The changelog can be found here: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Version_history/Development_versions

So, my question to you is this: Where do we go from here? What would you like to see happen? Cast your vote, and/or leave a comment with an idea I haven't considered yet.

Comments

• Fresh restart. Dump it all.
  • Im coming back, if both worlds are dumped and start fresh, just so u know, i have a new account, and its name is SQuiBBlaR. it would be cool if people could keep their inventory and money.
  • We have plans to dump a lot of old/unused/poorly done plugin features and reset everything.
  • I'd like to keep the main world map, or at least have it available for download as many of us have ongoing projects. Just haven't had the time to work on it lately :(
  • Cheebs said:

I'd like to keep the main world map, or at least have it available for download as many of us have ongoing projects. Just haven't had the time to work on it lately :(
    It actually would be nice to keep it there, but just for looking or what not.
  • I vote 2 and 3, but we're going to either need someone to seed a torrent 24/7 or someone to host it on their Web site.
  • Inteligence said:

I vote 2 and 3, but we're going to either need someone to seed a torrent 24/7 or someone to host it on their Web site.
    2 and 3 = wat
  • I sorta kinda misread. I think we just need two big .zip/.tar.gz/whatever files available for those who want it but starting completely fresh on the server.
  • Inteligence said:

I sorta kinda misread. I think we just need two big .zip/.tar.gz/whatever files available for those who want it but starting completely fresh on the server.
    I think we should reset everything, but if we can, have the current world available for viewing. No building or anything on it, just viewing.
  • So far, we have a resounding response for dumping everything, and starting over from scratch. When Bukkit is updated for 1.4, we will go with whatever choice is on top (or if Bukkit is open-source, then it'll be whenever Steve or TV fixes it, lol).
  • Dumping everything sounds good to me, keeping just the mainworld is okay too. Either way it's time for a fresh start.
  • A fresh start on everything would be nice.
  • Will zeroing all stats include wiping all ranks?
  • gamemaker152 said:

Will zeroing all stats include wiping all ranks?
    Possibly, but likely.
  • gamemaker152 said:

Will zeroing all stats include wiping all ranks?
    That would be pretty cool. Everyone back to being equals and everyone who doesn't get on very often and doesn't need or deserve a higher rank, me being one of them, would have to get on much more often to earn it back. Of course a few people would need to keep their ranks to prevent chaos Edit, Stevie, Tv and a few others, but other than that it would be cool.
  • i have no problem with a fresh start even giving up my millions of dollers cause i can make it again but i think that we should be able to keep our rankings
  • We have some plans to shift around and remove some ranks, so most will probably be reset to the default rank, but we might find a way to move some people to certain ranks based on the current ones (i.e. veteran -> trusted)
  • the other concern i have is will there be npcs available to sell goods to in the new set up that is how i make my money by mining and farming so it is important to have an npc plus will pk be included in the new map i really like that set up where you can set up stores

• We also have some plans to scrap the economy and just let players set up stuff like trading items for items or using a certain item as currency.
  • Given that the current economy is almost completely broken it serves little purpose to keep it. Also, since most trades were done in game, player to player, there is no real need for a currency. About the only thing money was actually useful for was buying lots and buying materials in the void world. None of this is saying that I want the economy to go, but to justify keeping it, it needs to be both useful and balanced of which it is neither at this time. I will miss my paltry 600,000 but I never really did anything with it anyway.
  • My Opinion
    Dump everything, zero out all stats, and start completely fresh.

Btw, any ETA as to when the server will be 1.4?

Take care.
  • As the new stuff hasn't been really prepared much yet, I've updated the vanilla server to 1.4 for now, enjoy
  • Should we bother to keep building on the current map?
    Just want to make sure so we don't waste time if map is wiped; Only reason we haven't been playing.

Thanks
  • If people want, we might end up keeping the current map after changes are done, but only as a side world for viewing.
  • Delete every World. We don't have the members for one world let alone multiple!

Set up a download link for the old maps.

Looking around on alot of the Busy servers. They don't have any old content on the server.

I don't want the old Peacecraft map gone really. But just no point having a out dated map.