Constant crashing

is wedpad's place near the spawn?

Comments

• Hi guys,

I'm zeroing in on what the hell is going on, although actually seeing whats happening is gonna be rather interesting. The server is currently down, as of this post, and I have to go to work so its gonna be down for a while. Plus, given how busy I am today, I'm not gonna be able to work on a possible solution until later.

I have an idea of what's happening, but I'm not gonna go into until I know more.

if you guys want the error itself, here it is:

2013-01-27 20:38:16 [INFO] [STDERR] java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
    2013-01-27 20:38:16 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:189)
    2013-01-27 20:38:16 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:121)
    2013-01-27 20:38:16 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:203)
    2013-01-27 20:38:16 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:83)
    2013-01-27 20:38:16 [INFO] [STDERR] at ef.a(Packet.java:142)
    2013-01-27 20:38:16 [INFO] [STDERR] at cg.i(TcpConnection.java:320)
    2013-01-27 20:38:16 [INFO] [STDERR] at cg.c(TcpConnection.java:540)
    2013-01-27 20:38:16 [INFO] [STDERR] at ch.run(SourceFile:93)
    2013-01-27 20:39:44 [INFO] [STDERR] java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
    2013-01-27 20:39:44 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
    2013-01-27 20:39:44 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:150)
    2013-01-27 20:39:44 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:121)
    2013-01-27 20:39:44 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:203)
    2013-01-27 20:39:44 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:83)
    2013-01-27 20:39:44 [INFO] [STDERR] at ef.a(Packet.java:142)
    2013-01-27 20:39:44 [INFO] [STDERR] at cg.i(TcpConnection.java:320)
    2013-01-27 20:39:44 [INFO] [STDERR] at cg.c(TcpConnection.java:540)
    2013-01-27 20:39:44 [INFO] [STDERR] at ch.run(SourceFile:93)
  • when i go on i get and internal exception that says received string length longer than allowed (393>256)
  • At this point we are relatively sure that the problem, whatever it is, relates either to your player data, or something in the area where you are Wed, be it a machine, a portal, or corruption of some kind. It may or may not have something to do with how you're doing things in your area. We hare hoping we can reproduce the issue within a single player game on our end if it is something funky happening in the area. If it is something in the area, then we can just delete the problem and refund you for it's loss if it was something you made. If it is a problem with your player data then we should see nothing in a single player test and we can just delete your data to fix it, this will result in losing your inventory which once again we will try to refund. However it is still possible that we will not see the problem under any single player test and that even resetting your data will not solve it in multi-player. My only guess at that point would be to reset that portion of the map and see if the problem goes away. If that is the only solution the best we will be able to offer is a backup version of that map chunk, which would probably be from when we did the last update. Under that circumstance I do not know what you will lose, and I can't be sure how much we will be able to correctly refund.

On the other hand it may just be pure coincidence that the server croaks every time shortly after you log in. In which case we are back to square one, but the fact that you are getting a different error than we are is a hopeful sign that the problem is related to you and can be fixed.
  • Aarchel is correct, and once I get my work squared away, I can start working on solving the issue.

Further note, Billybob is apparently having a similar problem to you, and if you guys were in the same area of the map, then tthat tells me a lot more that it is actually a problem with the map itself, and not player data.

I will hopefully be able to get around to solving this in the next 3 or 4 hours, as long as nothing in my job gets in the way.

Thank you for bearing with me on this, I know its difficult to deal with guys. It's difficult for me too, so I'll do what I can to get you guys up and running when I can.
  • since billy and i have the same problem maybe it is because we both have world anchors burried under our floors at our homes and maybe it is conflicting with whatever you did the other day to my floor with the chunk loader i dont know but that may be the difference
  • wedpad said:
    since billy and i have the same problem maybe it is because we both have world anchors burried under our floors at our homes and maybe it is conflicting with whatever you did the other day to my floor with the chunk loader i dont know but that may be the difference
    it shouldn't be that, or it would constant crash when you AREN'T in, its something that loads when you get there, which means a chunk loader and a world anchor aren't the problem.

Furthermore, i think until edit fixes the problem that billy and wed don't join, billy just joined and it crashed, he also stated he was in weds base when it happened so yeah...
  • i used the a book to to go to wedpads house like i allways have but now im stuck in wedpads house and cant get out i i cant open the door or break blocks or open chest im stuck
  • Billybob912 said:
    i used the a book to to go to wedpads house like i allways have but now im stuck in wedpads house and cant get out i i cant open the door or break blocks or open chest im stuck
    WELL DUH! the server is CRASHING when wed's place is loaded, you being in his house, crashes the server, so yeah you can't leave until edit fixes it. you mind not getting on until edit states its safe?
  • Yeah for the time being anyone who goes to Weds place and the surrounding area is gonna get stuck there and end up crashing the server. While it may be possible to get you guys out of there and send you to spawn or something, it will probably be just as much work as fixing the real problem. So for now just hang in there and Edit will fix this as soon as he can. I suspect something may be up with the filler Wed was using, but we don't know for sure yet.
  • when i try to log in it says that the string is too long and cant get on
    when i was getting on i was coming back to my house from billybobs with a jet pack and i am about 206 blocks from my home and when i get withing 150 or so blocks of my home it crashes if that is any help
  • No problem Aarchel i will wait until Edit says its ok to log on. I wasnt aware it was me being in Weds house that was causing the server to crash.
    Dragon you dont have to be a smart ass about it either.
  • Billybob912 said:
    No problem Aarchel i will wait until Edit says its ok to log on. I wasnt aware it was me being in Weds house that was causing the server to crash.
    Dragon you dont have to be a smart ass about it either.
    sorry, i thought you would of picked up on the fact i said it earlier.
  • one other thing maybe the chunkloader i made and just put into one of my safes is causing the problem i made a chunk loader when edit came to help with my relay problem but just put it into a one of my personal safes maybe that should be looked into also and maybe it can be destroyed by the powers of magic
  • ok, i should have moved wedpad and billybob to spawn. if you guys would be so kind as to not go to weds house until i get this fixed, that would be nice :)

I just got another stack of work to do here, so things have been held up just a bit longer. Thanks for being patient with me.
  • what i am getting when i try to log in is a java exception message that says received string length longer than allowed (393>256) maybe that can help find the problem
  • I was flying to the spawn area idk if i flew by wedpad's place or not but the server went down. so im guessing i did fly by it.
  • No-one was on, so I took to doing a little investigation. I headed to wedpad's, by foot, from spawn. Soon as even part of his base rendered. blocks stopped breaking and bags couldn't be looked in.

That tells me, whatever the problem is, its in the structure of the house, little else had rendered
  • aaaaaand I only just noticed you advised NOT going there. Poopy
  • my home is not far from spawn so please stay away i really think it has to do with the chunk loader either the one i built or the one edit built because billyand i have had a world anchor in place for a while now and no problems with it
  • OK, all fixed. next time use your filler in an area no bigger than 32x32 blocks, or a 2x2 chunk area.