If you could add something new

If you could add a new thing to Peacecraft. what could it be?

Comments

• I am making this post based on previous experiences.
    1. Creative Word: This idea is common and people generally love it when it starts off. The world then slowly dies and is never used again except to build vulgar or destructive structures.
    2. All-pvp day: Player rather love or hate it, and the people who hate it will rage.
    3. Creative day- I need more information what you mean by this. If you mean a day at which a player will get creative in the real world if you mean this than is a straight no.
    4. New World: The world you guys are currently playing on is new. There is loads of places to build.
    5. New lots: I have been to all the towns and more than half the lots are empty in every town. The only thing i can say about the towns though is that they are too plain.
    6. There are many way to improve you minecraft experience. I noticed that a post on adding mods was already created, but most of the post are about giving average players powers rather than improving the world.
    I would suggest finding mods that just add new items or biomes to the world. Just to put this out there, no mods that give the average players the ability to fly should be added.
    These are my opinions, and you can take them however you like.
  • Removing the poll...
  • I wouldn't remove the poll, because it's always good to hear what people think. However, everything Matt wrote is true. Historically speaking they all fail, and quickly. In most cases they actually end up having a negative impact on the server, and the player base.

From my experience creative kills any will to play for most players, while a small few go on to build amazing things with it. The thing is though that the players that benefit from it tend to build amazing things whether they have it or not, so ultimately, it is not needed. Flying is also incredibly OP without some major balance for it.

Anyway just weighing in as an occasional player on the bukkit server.
  • Aarchel' pid='5834' dateline='1364105680' said:

...From my experience creative kills any will to play for most players, while a small few go on to build amazing things with it.......
    LOL THIS TOTALLY JUST HAPPENED TO ME
  • Remove the world border. >> << Or at least make it bigger, I'm a fan of large and expansive worlds and this just seems slightly restrictive.
  • I don't think that's possible...
  • iantonio397' pid='5837' dateline='1364475695' said:

I don't think that's possible...
    It's not a matter of being possible... because the plugin can be edited. It's a matter of whether Rob wants to.
  • As I said I don't think that's possible
  • iantonio397' pid='5839' dateline='1364501523' said:

As I said I don't think that's possible
    1. Remove World border plugin.
    2. ???
    3. Profit

As mstevenn said, it's all about whether Rob wants to or not.
  • iantonio397' pid='5837' dateline='1364475695' said:

I don't think that's possible...
    I think Rob can do whatever the hell he wants to the border.

It's just a matter of whether he wants to or not. It's a matter of possibility, but not impossibility. Rob is after all Human and is capable of understanding and reasoning.
  • As stated before Rob can do whatever he wants about the world border, it's only real purpose is to keep the map from growing out of control, and to possibly limit the lag caused by extreme exploration. The only other advantage it has is keeping the DynMap from eating up massive amounts of storage space (which is why the Modded Server no longer runs it) for all it's images.

Practically speaking though, without DynMap as a consideration pushing out the map boundary by 1000-2000 blocks would have a negligible effect on server storage, and little performance impact once it is all explored.
  • We always look at feedback and make the server based on the players.

We can't or don't always do every request but the boarder has been expanded by another 1000blocks. This includes north/south/west/east. And the same with the pvp world + nether. enjoy.
  • I agree with steve it would be nice if the map could be expanded a little
  • skitsofrenic' pid='5863' dateline='1364894084' said:

I agree with steve it would be nice if the map could be expanded a little
    It's been expanded... lol.