Hello and Goodbye

I came to this server because it was advertised as a No Griefing server. What I have learned is that means no griefing unless you are ranked high enough. I have been killed by Little Rob, killed by Stevice and had the world set to Noah's Ark because some moron Opp thought that was funny. Shove it up your ass.

Comments

• please consider not leaving D:
  • When I have idiots like rgood and Mizu laughing that I died and telling me than on this server it's not griefing unless they tear your property down no matter how much I lose?
  • When someone griefs you, you should tell to a staff member and they will rollback it, And about the kills: It was in the PvP world?, because if it was in the PvP world you can't complain because it's PvP, You can't complain about them killing you if you were in PvP
  • Pugiron' said:
    killed by Stevice and had the world set to Noah's Ark
    I don't recall either of these happening?
  • When I have idiots like rgood and Mizu laughing that I died and telling me than on this server it's not griefing unless they tear your property down no matter how much I lose?
    A. Nobody was laughing about you dying. Actually I didn't even see you die.

B. Turning on the rain over and over again isn't griefing. Especially since it was given to Vets by the owner of the server. In addition, at the time the Vets had the ability to change the weather it cost them a significant amount of cash. So changing the weather to make it rain constantly was pretty much a waste for the person.

It was $30 every time by the way (and probably should go back to costing that much or a bit more if Vets get it again).

For background as Pug is unlikely to give it to you.
    Apparently in the new map it's been raining non-stop. Pug made a comment saying that no one would be stupid enough to set rain so it would last forever. So I mentioned that while I was a Vet I once tried to see how long I could keep the rain on (partially to see how long until some one would go "What in the fuck?!" and because I had $5,000 I didn't want). This is directly in relation to Little_Rob allowing us to keep a large sum of money we got as a glitch. It should be noted that every time I would turn on the rain another Vet (in the rare chance some one was in there who wasn't Mizu or I) would usually turn it off. So it was a failed experiment and a huge waste of my time and money.

I did learn though, some people have A LOT of cash on hand.

As a note: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Griefing#Basic_griefing_methods_and_prevention

There is nothing in here about turning the rain on, rain is actually really easy to stop. You just hop in a bed at night and it's done. If Vets ever get rain control back it'll be as simple as typing in /sun. So even if I do decide to once again waste my money, some one with more money than me can just turn it off or if they don't want to do that they could just hop in a bed when I log off.

In addition if turning on the rain is considered griefing then the owners shouldn't have given access to the command. They are the ones who make the rules regarding what is and isn't griefing and as such changing the weather to rain is not griefing.

Actually, better yet, if asked I'm pretty cool about turning the sun on and not changing it to rain. Frankly it's only amusing so long as no one else is suffering as a result, so if there are people who are having issues on the map I'm on I'll cut it out and just keep doing it while I'm alone. Which by the way I pretty much was while Rob was running the server. So I was only messing with myself 98% (if you're wondering what the 2% is, it's Mizu and when she was on I would only change it to sunshine, so that 2% doesn't count..so really it was like 100% of the time) of the time.

I should also point out that Vets do not have weather control at this moment and I'm only ever on Old World 2. So if the weather was off in the new map, that's nothing to do with me. Which I have a strange feeling you think is why it was raining for a week. If it was raining for a week that's nothing with me and I actually have a feeling that it was a glitch. I encountered this kind of glitch on my own server after a rollback. To get rid of it you just hop in bed, that simple. Everyone else should go /afk or log out for a second to let you make it day and the rain will be gone. We did that last night and the rain is now gone.

You may leave, but don't hurl attacks in the process.
  • BS! I never laughed at you dying. I simply stated that rain is not griefing.