Ok, I'm starting to get pissed with the griefing,

A village at x:-307 z:-466 had all of its doors removed, and NPCs killed. NPC killing is griefing yes? I've seen this happen a few times now but wanted confirmation.

Edit:

See latest Post. Sept 16/17th.

Comments

• Unless someone had built a base in that village, it isn't griefing by anyone but zombies.
    Zombies most likely tore down all the doors in that village when someone loaded the chunk, and after tearing down the doors they likely brutalized all the remaining villagers.

However, if someone had set up base at the village and a player came along and killed the villagers themselves, that would definitely be griefing.
  • If someone would... say... build a secret tunnel leading in to someones house, not altering/taking anything within the house, leave a hole in the corner of the room so the owner can see it and placing a flower at the hidden outside entrance of the tunnel, would that be considered to be a "wtf? :p" funny pleasant "someone was here!" moment or a annoying grief? :O I haven't played on any minecraft multiplayer servers before so I don't really know the general social behavior code.
  • If you're leaving a hole in a corner of a room where a hole was not before that someone else built, that would be griefing.

On a side note, my house keeps getting griefed.
  • Honeycone' pid='6656' dateline='1379340557' said:

If someone would... say... build a secret tunnel leading in to someones house, not altering/taking anything within the house, leave a hole in the corner of the room so the owner can see it and placing a flower at the hidden outside entrance of the tunnel, would that be considered to be a "wtf? :p" funny pleasant "someone was here!" moment or a annoying grief? :O I haven't played on any minecraft multiplayer servers before so I don't really know the general social behavior code.

So Honeycone...... I found that you tunneled from INSIDE my house, to under my house, removing blocks that I had personally placed. YES that is griefing, that is bannable. GG.

: /
  • Well technically I started tunneling from the outside and counted how many blocks it would take until I reached the floor of your house. :O I'm sorry if I upset you, mean it more to be a funny little "well hello there person who left an exciting secret passage and a yellow flower for me!".

Well at least I know now to stay away from MizuMing property!
  • You also broke and took my floor, left my door open, took a torch, didn't fix anything and just left.

O_o

Where were you trying to dig? Right inside my property? Why?!
  • Right inside your property yes. Because it's fun to interact with people and I wanted to give you something cool to discover.

If you feel this strongly about it why are you not playing offline?
  • Because I like people, however the server does have rules, and you did break said rules.
  • However, it is important to remember that the rule does not actually go into much detail about what we consider griefing on the vanilla server. It might be a good idea to expand on the rules post to give people a better idea of the guidelines, especially for players new to our server, and new to SMP in general.

For example below is the no griefing rule I wrote for the modded server, it probably has some stuff that doesn't work in it for the vanilla server but it's a place to start if you want.

"No Griefing.

This includes breaking/placing blocks in another players area without their permission, placing/removing liquids from another players area without permission, taking items from others storage blocks/systems without permission, sabotaging another players systems, or deliberately interfering with their operation. This also includes spamming blocks/liquids across the landscape and generally leaving an area as a giant mess, like harvesting all the sand from a beach and not replacing it with anything."