1.1.4 Update, or lack thereof

Hi all,

It's been a while since the last update about the update, and sadly, it doesn't look good. We are all gonna have to dig deep, and decide on the best course of action.

Aarchel has been hard at work, with researching this latest update, and has determined that the amount of broken it will cause will be nothing less than severe.

ALL chickenbones-written mods (Wireless Redstone, Chickenchunks (the gold chunk loaders), and anything else I forgot), Ender chests, Translocators, NEI, AND the block ID's for the Promised Lands will ALL be severely fucked up if we go for a straight update.

What this means is that we would have to take all of them out, thereby breaking any/all automated systems that use them (so anyone using them at home will have to rebuild, including Aarch and myself) and the spawn would be broken as well.

:The easiest way to deal with 1.1.4, is to scrap the server, and start over from scratch, OR, ya'll can wait even longer (your guess is as good as mine as to how long it would take) to try and figure out a way to minimize the damage as much as possible.

so, I'll leave a poll up here, so you guys, my devoted players, can decide what you want us to do.

Comments

• I imagine 1.6 will need a server restart anyways so it doesn't matter to me. It doesn't really seem like many people get on to important stuff anyways. I say scrap it, but i want a nuke flower on Aarchel's time consuming spawn before we restart. I want a nuke for every frame i lost there.
  • FYI, this is all we gain with the update: one new mod added to the pack, numerous bug fixes to the mods, IC2's machine sounds turned off by default in the config. Force Sticks now actually craftable. TE increased the number of vanilla ore spawns per vein.

I am not sure what the one new mod is. The list of mods are at http://ftbwiki.org/Feed_The_Beast_Unleashed.

Personally, this seem like a lot to fix for a small gain, but I'll go with the majority.
  • Don't worry I'll build a bigger one that crashes you out instanty, that way you won't waste any time.
  • I'm abstaining entirely. Regardless of the decision I'm gonna have to do a ton of work, so it really doesn't matter to me, though starting over fresh always seems to be fun.
  • A reset makes sense to me, not that I'vebeen on of FTB lately though
  • lol sounds fun aarch. I'm looking forward to see what the next spawn will be that is if you plan on designing a different one.
  • I'll probably build something for the new spawn, seeing as it'll be a new map and all. Still trying to find a satisfactory seed then I'll get started on it.
  • Looks like we've reached a consensus, more or less. I will begin construction of a new map and server tonight, hopefully we'll have it up and running in a week or two for general play.
  • Further info, the new map has been chosen, and the initial spawn point has been shifted a bit to make more sense, according to the beginning area we found. If a more desirable location is found, I'll move the spawn to that area.

Aarchel will begin scouting/building tonight, as time permits. As he has already said, hopevfully the new map will be available for play in a week or two.
  • how goes construction of the new spawn point?
  • As requested, some images of the new spawn.

http://imgur.com/a/FdUnC
  • I've also been streaming a lot lately, so catch me on twitch.tv/editedcub to see what ive been up to lately.