we need a town

one of the main things i love on a survival server is that i love the main spawn town, but with peace craft there is no spawn town only a couple spawn houses. i think we should start sprucing up spawn by making a little town filled with buildings that have uses or do not. i hope y'all consider this.

Comments

• one of the main things i love on a survival server is that i love the main spawn town, but with peace craft there is no spawn town only a couple spawn houses. i think we should start sprucing up spawn by making a little town filled with buildings that have uses or do not. i hope y'all consider this.

4. Wooden doors are not permitted within the spawn radius, block protection has been placed at 30 blocks out to enforce this rule. However, if you somehow manage to place a wooden door within that radius you will be banned for griefing.

Since rule #4 states that there is block protection around spawn, the town should be placed a certain distance away... Other than that, good idea...

Do you have a layout in mind? Or do you plan it one-block-at-a-time?
  • edited July 2015
    madsniper84 said:one of the main things i love on a survival server is that i love the main spawn town, but with peace craft there is no spawn town only a couple spawn houses. i think we should start sprucing up spawn by making a little town filled with buildings that have uses or do not. i hope y'all consider this.

Seems like a great idea!
    I have a spawn house, but never really finished it. We should probably stick to some kind of rule for block types on paths so they can kinda match. Do you have any ideas?     

Also would we use curved paths, or would diagonal work? While  much harder I think curved paths are worth the effort.

Edit: Have you ever seen hermitcraft? It is a private server for some youtubers and they have a great vanilla spawn. You could look it up for insparation.
  • edited July 2015
    i am thinking making the town i in the hills where that little tree farm is, but i d not have any layout in mind. i suggest make a shop and if there is not enough room just make a new branch on the road. and i have seen hermitcraft and they do not use any layout for their town except districts which we do not really need
  • Kjotleik said:

4. Wooden doors are not permitted within the spawn radius, block protection has been placed at 30 blocks out to enforce this rule. However, if you somehow manage to place a wooden door within that radius you will be banned for griefing.

This rule is actually somewhat outdated as we don't have an iron farm anymore. I can go ahead and remove it.
  • edited July 2015

Kjotleik said:

• please do because my house is right next to the boarder

• the only thing that i can think of to speed up the creation of this town is we need more active players.
  • I could always take a little trip back towards spawn in order to build a little house of some sort.

Would be nice if you (or anyone else) were around, so we could talk about materials/designs that would fit in with an overall theme.

What time zone are you at, and when do you usually play? I myself are GMT+1 (Norway), and usually play Saturday/Sunday around noon. I occasionally drop by for an hour, or two, during the week as well (but that is not planned ahead).
  • i am in central time USA but i do play around mid day everyday.
  • edited July 2015
    Eastern Standard Time all the way! (USA east coast) I can usually play midafternoon and 8:30 PM to 9:30 PM give or take 30 minutes .

on a unrelated note someone should make a teamspeak server for peacecraft for easy comunication during gameplay.
  • Eastern Standard Time all the way! (USA east coast) I can usually play midafternoon and 8:30 PM to 9:30 PM give or take 30 minutes .

on a unrelated note someone should make a teamspeak server for peacecraft for easy comunication during gameplay.
    i think we already have a team speak, its just an old one