1.9 Poll

edited August 2015 in General Chat
EDIT: We are now on the 1.9 snapshots. All that remains is the reset poll.

Now that 1.9 snapshots are rolling out, we need to decide whether we want to keep up with them or not, like we did for previous releases. Of course, we'd be avoiding particularly buggy snapshots like we usually do in order to keep things fairly stable.

We also need to decide if we want to do a reset when 1.9 is officially released. Seeing as how 1.9 snapshots have only recently started coming out, this probably won't be for a while, but its best to decide ahead of time. Feel free to also discuss what type/seed we should use for the map.

We could also reset now for the snapshots instead of waiting for 1.9. Apparently I can't edit polls, so just vote yes and post if you want this to happen.

Here's the current feature list: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/1.9
  1. Should we keep up with 1.9 snapshots?9 votes
    1. Yes
      77.78%
    2. No
      22.22%
  2. Should we reset the map when 1.9 is officially released?9 votes
    1. Yes
      88.89%
    2. No
      11.11%

Comments

• edited August 2015
    I'd like to generate whatever seed we use for the new map, if the community agrees to reset, using the following tool: 

I'd also like for people to comment if they have any other preferences in terms of world generation, etc. 

At least one person was in favor of amplified generation. We have tried it once and people seemed to get more annoyed than excited for it after playing for a week or two on that map, so I personally caution against it... but what does the community think about superflat or the new custom world settings?

A seed might be something like this:

• Single Player I've always liked Large Biomes... but some may not like that due to travel distances...

Voted Yes to 1.9 re-start, no to snapshots... (but I'm not going to shed a tear should it be the other way around either... it's going to be fun anyhow it ends up...) 8-)
  • I'd be the one who suggested amplified. I know it can get annoying rather quickly, but at the same time it provides its own sort of added difficulty to the game.
    I did play it on a server once, which was rather nice, seeing people branching out form spawn building bridges everywhere to cross ravines. The landscape was really a handycap.. which was sort of leveled by the map being set on normal difficulty. It seemed to make the creation of interesting looking builds easier as there was more terrain to work with.
    The map did die rather quick though (after about 2 months) as not many people played on it - but that community was a modded one with only a handful of people even playing vanilla.
    So while I do like amplified I know many dont and I too would be careful about amplified.. but if everyone likes the idea maybe give it a shot? In worst case I think a map reset after a week or 2 of testing would be an option, too - provided its not too much of a hassle on the server/adminside...

• Not SuperFlat.. lol

Some sort of custom world gen would be interesting though.. maybe upping the amount of spawners? I dunno
  • We are now on the 1.9 snapshots. All that remains is the reset poll.
  • I'm for a reset, and if that doesn't happen, we should still reset the end, no matter what. I'm Also for amplified terrain, and if we end up not liking it we can always reset it back to normal.
  • I'm for a reset, and if that doesn't happen, we should still reset the end, no matter what. I'm Also for amplified terrain, and if we end up not liking it we can always reset it back to normal.

I am also for amplified terrain and if we end up not liking it we can always reset it back to normal.