Sand

If you want to get some sand for decoration, growing cacti, or making glass... Do not dig on a beach people use. If there are any structures within sight, or even a short walk away, don't dig there. Go to a place no one uses, and get your sand there.
I'm SICK AND TIRED of cleaning up mine cave-ins and holes in beaches around commonly used places. Particularly Spawn Beach and Dargon Beach.

On that mine cave-in subject... If you're in mining in a cave and you see sand, don't dig the sand. Just start going in another direction. Sand falls when you take something out from under it, and that has caused most of the holes in the beach that I've had to fix.

Comments

• Addendum:
    StrandBot said:

I'd like to suggest as a general rule, don't collect sand below sea level. Giant pits near oceans are more than ugly, and I spend a good amount of time sodding them over. Walking by a beach only to find it bare to the smooth stone layer is sad. Seeing only a single block between the giant pit and an entire ocean is scary.
    That's now an official part of the Sand rules.
  • Oops, I just started reading these boards like 2 minutes ago, and hadn't seen this yet. I raped the hell out of a small island for sand, and ripped almost the whole thing 3 layers below sea level.

I'll fix it when I get home, I've got too much dirt sitting around anyway.... Maybe I'll add some trees to it, too.
  • So if someone were to dig out sand on a beach below sea level, but then build a shell of stone and then add a layer of sand on top of that so it looks as if the beach was never touched, would that be alright?
  • Wolf Demon said:

So if someone were to dig out sand on a beach below sea level, but then build a shell of stone and then add a layer of sand on top of that so it looks as if the beach was never touched, would that be alright?
    As long as you rebuild what you destroy, then its no problem. Doesn't matter what you fill in place of the sand, just has to look presentable
  • NOTICE:
    This rule has been rendered obsolete by the introduction of automatic sand-generators to the Peacecraft Server.
  • correction swarm, the rule still stands. I wouldn't be against anyone using the sand generator to rebuild beaches that have been ripped up though.