Trees

This was covered in "The obvious" rules thread, but I figured I'll make a topic just for this rule.

As you should have read on the signs around town, you should never chop trees in town, or in someone's yard.
Walk outside town, find a place someone hasn't built, and chop there.

This isn't a rule itself, but it is common courtesy: Please replant at least most of the trees you chop down.

Also, when you chop down a tree... PLEASE remove all of the leaves around the wood you chopped. It's horribly ugly to have leaves floating about where trees were chopped down.

Comments

• Modified for the new map:
    Exoteric said:

PLEASE remove all of the leaves around the wood you chopped. It's horribly ugly to have leaves floating about where trees were chopped down.
    We are now enforcing this, and you will be ticketed for leaving logs on a tree so that it floats.

Mods: Use /whochopped to see who chopped logs in your nearby area recently.
  • Hi all,

I have a rather large tree farm built in the game, and with how intertwined the trees become (due to proximity to each other) I have found a number of floaters in it already. My goal with this is to do my best to police the floaters as best I can, but with only 5-6 hours of playing time a day, I may not always be able to get every last piece in a single session.

I'll endeavor to stay on top of it though.
  • If leaves form a sort of canopy and there's logs attached from the ground, that's fine. We just look for trees that have no attachment to the ground whatsoever.