UPDATED InGame Rules

GRIEFING: Placing/Destroying blocks on other peoples builds/property without their permission is considered griefing and will earn you a ban, regardless of whether it is in a town or in the wilderness.

LOOTING: Looting is allowed on Peacecraft under certain conditions. If you are able to gain access to a chest in a wilderness house without griefing (no breaking/placing blocks on their house or property) then you may take what you find. The only exception with block destroying is when you find a chest that uses a locking mechanism, such as a dirt block on top of the chest, you are allowed to break that block. But if you were to put a chest UNDER a floor, behind a secure redstone door, a locked room, or on another side of a wall as to make it inaccessible, than griefing would be required to access it and would be punishable. So basically, hide your chests well!

COLLECTING RESOURCES: Collecting/Placing/Destroying a large amount of blocks in the wilderness, particularly at the edges of town, in a way that destroys the landscape is not allowed. Do not leave floating tree leaves, and replant if possible. Do not collect sand below water level, especially around town beaches. Etc. This will ensure Peacecraft continues looking it's best.

TEXTURE MODS & HACKS:
Any texture mods, game add-ons, plug-ins, or any sort of game hack that gives you an advantage over normal peacecraft players is prohibited. For example: texture packs that make some blocks invisible and valuable items such as diamonds and gold easier to find. Boat flying modification. Using game glitches to dupe or acquire items. etc

Please Note: Rules may change at any date.

Comments

• Cheebs said:

So basically, hide your chests well!
    Thats the way I took it. Not just 'well i guess i have to use 2 blocks now.' I just put all my chests behind walls.

• After seeing this;
    http://s1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc361/Nick_P2/Peacecraft/?action=view&current=2011-03-21_021421.png

And working to make it into this;
    http://s1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc361/Nick_P2/Peacecraft/?action=view&current=2011-03-21_021813.png

I've decided that from now on strip mining sand and dirt will now be a bannable offence starting march 21, 2011

If u're caught guilty of sever strip mining u will be banned, if it is less sever but still notable u will be ticketed.

Obviously I don't want to make mining for sand impossible or make all sandy areas flat, so I will permit strip mining small islands if you PM the coordinates to me, larger islands you will still only be permitted to dig from above sea level.

Note that you are not required to have been told this first for these rules to apply, It is each individual's responsibility to check the rule board whenever new rules have been enacted or old ones changed and to question a mod about anything they may not understand.

Thank you for keeping our server beautiful.

-Nick_P

NB: a large island in this case is anything bigger than 25x25
  • I couldnt help but notice you did not define What is considered SEVERE Strip mining.

This error can lead to controversial issues between unsuspecting players and moderators.

I have done alot of research on how natural environments are randomly generated by the map, and i have Posted information Relative to this rule in my technical guides under Terraforming

Im sure that those notes can be easily used to determine what is excessive for strip mining.
  • Options
    It is my understanding that reducing a land, island, or continent to stone, below level 64, aka sea level, in huge gouging mines, to be 'stripmining' I also think it's been pretty clear, no sand to be removed from levels BELOW 64, aka, sea level. Regardless of where that sand may be.
  • I would like a mod to weigh in on covering strip mines with a shell, as discussed in the sand thread, here: http://p.derekp.com/forums/index.php/topic,68.0.html

Victomizer(sp?) has said that covering over a strip mine with whatever natural resource was there to begin with, or something else equally attractive would be ok.

Not that I don't trust vic or anything, but his statement could be consrued as hearsay (from mod, to vic, to forum), and it would make me feel better to get it right from the horses mouth.

thoughts?
  • So what about this, I don't think I made my post too clear in the thread Edited just pointed to. Let's say I need a lot of sand. Could I find said sand, take a screenshot, dig out lots of sand that I need, then create a "shell" of stone, then cover the top of the stone with sand to look almost exactly like the screenshot I took? There would be no empty holes in the ground and I would not allow the water to get screwed up.

My main reason for wanting to do it that way is that I hate that most of the areas that have sand dug out either look bad regardless and are always full of cliffs 2 or higher that I need to place blocks to get up or dig to get up and it gets a little annoying.
  • Wolf Demon said:

So what about this, I don't think I made my post too clear in the thread Edited just pointed to. Let's say I need a lot of sand. Could I find said sand, take a screenshot, dig out lots of sand that I need, then create a "shell" of stone, then cover the top of the stone with sand to look almost exactly like the screenshot I took? There would be no empty holes in the ground and I would not allow the water to get screwed up.

My main reason for wanting to do it that way is that I hate that most of the areas that have sand dug out either look bad regardless and are always full of cliffs 2 or higher that I need to place blocks to get up or dig to get up and it gets a little annoying.
    Just don't dig below sea level. skim the sand off the top. better yet, go out to the desert areas.
  • Options
    I'm going to respond to the question regarding recovering and stripmining to the best of my knowledge.

If you do strip mine a desert for sand, better save some for redecorating. If you strip it to the stone, and leave it, I will certainly ticket the offender. If you, however, cover the exposed rock with a minimum 1 layer level of sand, thus hiding it, I will not ticket. There is an exception to this, giant walls of sand, to hide up the transitionary boundary from desert to any other biome, be it grass or mountain, I would see ticketting being in order, so if you're going to stripmine it, leave it looking as natural as possible.

If the above means recovering then be aware, if the drop proves lethal to another player you will be held accountable under the usual policies regarding killing a player by negligence, similar to those who dig 1x1 holes to bedrock.

Hollowing out beaches, period, is forbidden, recovered or not, stay above sea level.
  • Umm Storm?!

You mentioned something that i should point out
    iStormUK said:

If the above means recovering then be aware, if the drop proves lethal to another player you will be held accountable under the usual policies regarding killing a player by negligence, similar to those who dig 1x1 holes to bedrock.
    Specificaly the mention of "1x1 Holes to bedrock"
    Those "holes" are almost ALWAYS made by xray users. most of them go straight through an area containing extremly rare rock (Diamonds, lapis), You should check the bottom of them to see what was in them, if you find they dug through diamond, Ban them and undo the hole.
  • iStormUK said:

I'm going to respond to the question regarding recovering and stripmining to the best of my knowledge.

If you do strip mine a desert for sand, better save some for redecorating. If you strip it to the stone, and leave it, I will certainly ticket the offender. If you, however, cover the exposed rock with a minimum 1 layer level of sand, thus hiding it, I will not ticket. There is an exception to this, giant walls of sand, to hide up the transitionary boundary from desert to any other biome, be it grass or mountain, I would see ticketting being in order, so if you're going to stripmine it, leave it looking as natural as possible.

Hollowing out beaches, period, is forbidden, recovered or not, stay above sea level.
    I honestly do not see the problem if the view was restored to its original state
  • FYI I've added the updated loot rules to /kb for easy access in-game.
  • iAMthePUMP said:

behind a secure redstone door
    What constitutes a secure redstone door? As in free build, I set up a water locked door using redstone, which Nick said didn't count as secure. It was about as safe as a redstone door could be, needing the removal or placing of a water source to open or close, depending on how i wire it, so if that doesn't count as secure, what does?
  • one that only you can open. for example one with a hidden switch that requires griefing to get to.
    messing with someones redstone is also griefing.
  • I have a suggestion for a rule to hopefully prevent possible mishaps. When people are making underground structures they shouldn't have to worry about someone burrowing from the side. I guess I normally leave the walls of my underground things natural stone, so they technically wouldn't be griefing because there wouldn't be any breaking of placed stone. I'm just worried about storing stuff underground and having someone burrow in and clean me out. So i would propose that looting not be permissible in underground facilities that are obviously player made if discovered by mining. I don't think there should be a griefing charge for accidental breakthrough. I just don't think I shouldn't have to lock all my chests already in a secure, hidden location.

And a second quick question. If i'm storing resources (iron, gold, diamond) as blocks. If i place the blocks it would be griefing to take them correct, since they're breaking a placed block of mine? I'm guessing it would but I would like confirmation.
  • Magnus77 said:

I have a suggestion for a rule to hopefully prevent possible mishaps. When people are making underground structures they shouldn't have to worry about someone burrowing from the side. I guess I normally leave the walls of my underground things natural stone, so they technically wouldn't be griefing because there wouldn't be any breaking of placed stone. I'm just worried about storing stuff underground and having someone burrow in and clean me out. So i would propose that looting not be permissible in underground facilities that are obviously player made if discovered by mining. I don't think there should be a griefing charge for accidental breakthrough. I just don't think I shouldn't have to lock all my chests already in a secure, hidden location.

And a second quick question. If i'm storing resources (iron, gold, diamond) as blocks. If i place the blocks it would be griefing to take them correct, since they're breaking a placed block of mine? I'm guessing it would but I would like confirmation.
    It doesn't take much effort to build a cobblestone box around your belongings.
  • Magnus77 said:

Yes Magnus77 it is griefing is someone destroys another players placed blocks deliberately and we will see to it if this happens.

Peace-Skits