Suggestions

This topic is for suggestions for a new rule, or the modification/removal of an old rule. Post away.
'nuff said.

Comments

• I'd like to suggest as a general rule, don't collect sand below sea level. Giant pits near oceans are more than ugly, and I spend a good amount of time sodding them over. Walking by a beach only to find it bare to the smooth stone layer is sad. Seeing only a single block between the giant pit and an entire ocean is scary.
  • StrandBot said:

I'd like to suggest as a general rule, don't collect sand below sea level. Giant pits near oceans are more than ugly, and I spend a good amount of time sodding them over. Walking by a beach only to find it bare to the smooth stone layer is sad. Seeing only a single block between the giant pit and an entire ocean is scary.
    I'll add that to the Sand thread, thanks.

Edit: Also, (This applies to everyone) Try to only post suggestions for new rules in this thread. if you want to make a suggestion with regard to a rule that's already been made, reply to that thread, assuming it's not locked.

• I'd like to suggest that we allow use of buckets by citizens as long as they use them sparingly.

I was made aware of the no-buckets rule by Exoterec as I was using a bucket to make the water around my path stop moving around.

I realize that there's been problems caused in the past, but with the whitelist, we should be able to trust our people to use buckets without causing grief.

Anyhow, just my $0.02... totally understand if this is not how others feel about the situation and I promise not to use a bucket again until I hear different.

- Q

• I have some suggestion i want u to think over :)

1. Can u add the Plugin called "LWC" Its basicly a plugin that allows the player to lock their chests! :)
    When u type "/lwc -c private or /lwc -c password trollol" that means u can make your chest private or have a password.

2. Please turn pvp on Wilderness. Becuase it is so much more fun when PvP is on there. Its named "Wilderness" so it should be enabled.

3. Can u add a new Town/Place called "Player Shop's" or something like that, becuase its kinda boring selling and buying from npc's. And Players have more than NPC's do.

Please reply as fast as possible :)
  • We will not add a chest protection because we have set rules as to what will be protected. PvP will be implemented as soon as we can get around too it. Trying to get other main features set and done before we work on the fun things=]. Players do have there own shops. Just have to find where they are at. Thank you for your ideas, keep them coming!
  • Options
    I have a new suggestion:
    Glass farmers are officially a bane on the server, they ruin spits of land, seas and continents, with their harvesting, thus I propose a new rule, harsh but fair, in that they get at least a temporary, if not permanent, ban for failing to comply.

If a person harvests sand (And lets face it we won't stop excessive mining of it) they should be required to make reparations before departing, in the same way that you are not permitted to leave floating trees. How they do it is open for debate, layer of stone with sand on top, whatever. But it should be made a rule, or we'll have neither sand, nor beauty, left on this place. Even the obscure locales are getting hit now, I see holes in the ocean, with one-block rings of sand around, and it makes me sad, the beauty is being sucked outta the place. :(
  • There actually should be a TP to the sand dunes.. If you look on the MAP there is a HUGE sand pit out in the middle of no where. People need sand, and the beach right now is the only place to really get it, with out having to walk 1 hr. literally...

The blocks have to come from somewhere, and there is only so many blocks that people can get to.
  • Well, for one thing, I suggest being able to find/read the rules easily. I can't get on at the moment to double-check, but /kb rules doesn't really list the important stuff, nor can I find it on the forums here. There's a thread on floating trees, and one on sand rape (that should really be enforced...), but there isn't a list for the idiots, like this:

YOU CAN BE BANNED

1) No griefing - destroying anything made by another player, unless a moderator allows it personally.

2) No looting if you had to grief anything in order to reach the chest.

3) No texture hacks that allow you to see through the ground.

4) No hacks that allow players to noclip, fly, mine faster, run faster, invincibility, etc.

5) Harassing other players.

6) Duplicating items or abusing glitches/bugs.

7) Building swastikas and other stupid shit.

YOU CAN BE TICKETED

1) Leaving trees floating in the air with no attachment to the ground

2) Creating deep holes that kill or trap other players near or in town. This includes players being unable to leave lots or properties, being able to enter but unable to leave.

3) Leaving tall pillars that serve no purpose.

4) Spamming chat

5) Tampering with spleef arena before a match begins, and "camping" during a spleef match. This means isolating oneself so that nobody can reach you, and vice versa, effectively ruining the fun for all.

6) Saying racist shit in chat or raging on someone without taking it to /msg. Don't be an idiot.

7) Trying to act innocent and deny doing anything wrong when staff can easily tell you did something.
  • Uxt said:
    and "camping" during a spleef match. This means isolating oneself so that nobody can reach you, and vice versa, effectively ruining the fun for all.

I really don't think this rule really applies anymore. I GOT cornered, and couldn't move, but the snow fell automatically after a little bit, so you can't camp anyways. you will die
  • VicToMeyeZR said:

I really don't think this rule really applies anymore. I GOT cornered, and couldn't move, but the snow fell automatically after a little bit, so you can't camp anyways. you will die
    Awesome, didn't know that! :D
  • I have been having issues regarding the rule about not intentionaly killing other people
    More specificly, Under the current interpretation of this, i am not allowed to take the following actions: I am not allowed to defend my home from greifers and theifs Via "Digging a 2 block tomb underneath the greifer, and either A; drowing him in lava or B;drowing him with gravel
    Basicly, i cannot take defence of my house into my own hands because mods consider it greifing.
  • After alot of experimentation at Sw'aglabs, I have decided to propose a few changes to how we regard lag intensive devices. Such as cactus farms, and the prototype auto-reed farms at Sw'aglabs and MIT.

Changes to the rules regarding auto-cacti farms

Under the current rule, cactus farms are not allowed due to them causing lag. According to my research, most of the lag is either phyisicaly -seeing- the moving water, or hearing it.

The first of the two can be addressed simply with a 2 block thick visual barrier, to prevent people from rendering the water. and the other can be addressed by maintaining visual warnings in the immediate area.

Players should be allowed to build these, but at their own risk, and the REQUIREMENT of the above precautions.

Proposed additional rules regarding advanced redstone

Also under my research, Pulsars pose a high risk of chunk destabilizing, and general lag. These devices are vital for systems that require random or high frequency inputs.

The one and only precaution that can be taken is to keep the pulsar turned off when not in use, which can be done by applying an ON charge to it. Visual barriers only partialy reduce the rendering lag, but they do nothing to protect from chunk destabilization, which is several times worse.

To put it simply, anyone who stops using a pulsar-powered device, should turn off the pulsar, or face a minor ticket.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    One more thing:
    When I first founded sw'aglabs, derek himself alloted me a permit to conduct the same experiments that gave you these suggestions.

I'm curious to know if my agreement with him still stands, or if I need to talk to edit about renewing it?
  • Just 1 thing, autocacti farm lag is caused by all the items it drops accumulating, not the water.
  • In all the tests i've run at Sw'aglabs, the items were dumped into a lava source for disposal. completly removing that as a variable.

As for the lag caused by items, that too can be resolved by simply blocking them visualy. I could have the farms set up so that the items are hidden behind a barrier, that is removed by pressing a button.

Now please try to actualy think about this from a professional standpoint. I'm not here to argue about this, i'm just here to make peacecraft better for others.
  • Actually it's not the fact that you can/can't see them, it's that the entities are even there at all that causes server-side lag and some client lag.