Exploring

Due to the immense lag caused by exploring WAY away from town, it's now against the rules to walk insane distances.
This is going to be quite a hard rule to enforce... But nonetheless, posting it still raises awareness.
Try to keep to the two continents that the main town and hot tub landmark. (Not sure if landmark can be used as a verb, but I just did.)
Feel free to ask questions and post comments.

Refer to http://www.derekp.com/peacecraft/maps/map.png to see the acceptable distance to travel.
You should go no farther than the ends of that map.

Comments

• is it possible to make a little index of this map, where the hottub is etc..
    because i dont know the town very well so it would be much easier to know which directions i need to go
    but if its impossible i understand too

thx
  • Durumkebab said:

is it possible to make a little index of this map, where the hottub is etc..
    because i dont know the town very well so it would be much easier to know which directions i need to go

thx
    I'll work on that, but just so you know... The hot tub is on the beach at the back end of the pirate ship.
  • Options
    At first I was nervous but then I realized that map is huge. 0.o
  • saw the latest map update. someone walk straight in one direction for a long time. time to delete those chunks.

- krisst

• Might want to make a community project to put up adminium walls at the map boundaries that we want to keep.

I'm sure that lots of people would help with this project... even if the walls are only 3-4 blocks high it will definitely discourage people from venturing beyond inadvertently.

Could probably do this with a map editor as well.

- Q
  • Options
    Im going to talk to derek about using mass spawn to make some. Onto chat :D
  • Options
    This may actually happen now. Cool!
  • Exoteric said:

[quote author=Durumkebab link=topic=74.msg417#msg417 date=1285494489]
    is it possible to make a little index of this map, where the hottub is etc..

thx
    I'll work on that, but just so you know... The hot tub is on the beach at the back end of the pirate ship.
    [/quote]

Can i suggest an idea to someone who is good at Photoshop, to make a transparent overlay kinda deal that can be saved to new renders of maps that are made. If that makes sense at least to you guys.
  • This is getting offtopic. That idea for the wall to keep in blacklisters has its own thread.

Try to stick to Exploring rules here.

• What about placing adminium towers at the cardinal points? Too intrusive?