New Rules

New rules have been made.

Looting on someone's lot when you have building rights is legal. With this rule I recommend only giving building rights to someone you know you can trust. Any looting that happens on someone's lot will be treated the same as looting in the wild. Mod+ will not find out who has looted you.

Griefing or breaking any blocks on someone's lot while you have building rights without permission will be treated the same as if it happened outside a lot. Rules for breaking blocks over a chest is the same as in the wilderness.

Be careful who you give building rights to on your lot. Only give it to people you trust.

enil

Comments

• This is a good idea how? The fact looting exists is still one of my biggest problems with the server, and you guys have expanded it. Here's an idea, don't take stuff that isn't yours.
  • Looting will happen whether or not there is a rule about it. As always, if you don't want your stuff looted, don't leave it where others can find it. If you want to make sure it doesn't get lost to a grief, put it in a protected lot, they have been pretty cheap lately. If you don't want your stuff stolen out of your protected lot, don't set anyone else as a builder. The only difference now is we won't investigate instances that occur on a protected lot if the chest was out in the open. While that last instance is new it fits with the overall policy of the server.

Just some food for thought. If we had to investigate every incident where someone left a chest out where someone else can get to it, Mod+ will never be able to do anything but check on looting incidents. If it came down to that most of the Mod+ would probably quit. It is unreasonable to expect that something of possible value, left in plain view is gonna be left alone. Many people are nice, but most are not that nice.
  • This is the way it should be since you should only give building rights to people who you trust anyway. No issue here.

As for everywhere else, its called the wilderness for a reason. There is meant to be a sense of danger with a special interest in encouraging people to buy lots in the city. The main area of Peacecraft is the survival game type, with a certain aura of role playing. It is not creative mode, we have freebuild for that.
  • I have added these new rules to the main rule post.

That post is located at:

http://p.derekp.com/forums/index.php/topic,1312.0.html
  • Aarchel said:

Just some food for thought. If we had to investigate every incident where someone left a chest out where someone else can get to it, Mod+ will never be able to do anything but check on looting incidents.
    I think if we decided that looting was illegal in all cases, we would just implement a plug in to lock chests or something similar. Which I'm not necessarily against. I'm also not against how it is now.
  • raccoozie said:

I think if we decided that looting was illegal in all cases, we would just implement a plug in to lock chests or something similar. Which I'm not necessarily against. I'm also not against how it is now.
    That's true, I was just stating the worst case scenario. I just like to make statements like that because, sometimes, no one stops to think how much work it would be to implement something. I'm not annoyed, or trying to offend someone, I just encounter a lack of understanding of what it takes to get things done on a daily if not hourly basis.
  • Aarchel said:

[quote author=raccoozie link=topic=1425.msg7109#msg7109 date=1314828186]
    That's true, I was just stating the worst case scenario. I just like to make statements like that because, sometimes, no one stops to think how much work it would be to implement something. I'm not annoyed, or trying to offend someone, I just encounter a lack of understanding of what it takes to get things done on a daily if not hourly basis.
    [/quote]

I understand Mr Aarchel. There is a lot of work that goes into being a mod+, and I respect that.

I was jus sayin :D.
  • You don't think if looting was a bannable offense, people would stop doing it? I'm not naive, i know people will loot, but most only if its allowed. But guess what, if you didn't allow it, and banned a couple of people who did do it, it would probably stop, or at least drop to a lower level. Or as racc suggested a plugin to have chests only opened by their placer. I appreciate what the mod+ do, and several of you are my friends, but all you've done with this is give another chance for people to screw one another over.
  • But the rule to allow looting was put in in the first place to add a bit of civil disobedience. Not to the extent of griefing, but just looting. If one hides their stuff so well that even griefers can't find it, then that person could be considered a master builder (if it fits into the overall structure) as well as resourceful.

I'm not saying looting is right or anything, just that it's a part of Peacecraft, and has for as long as I have been a member.
  • The wilderness needs a threat. Something that motivates city life. That's the main reason, imo.