Ratio?

I have heard people being banned for mining too much diamonds, and I am curious as to how we can find our own Ratio to know when to stop Mining. I myself tend to spend hours Underground digging the earth, and of course I find lots of treasures. I would just like to know when to stop mining and spend more time mining stone so I won't get banned. Can anyone help?

Comments

• just divide your blocks broken by the number of diamonds mined. if it's less than five percent, you won't get caught by the auto-ban. Although, once your diamond to block ratio gets above one percent it starts to look suspicious. Just saiyan.
  • SatansBane said:

just divide your blocks broken by the number of diamonds mined. if it's less than five percent, you won't get caught by the auto-ban. Although, once your diamond to block ratio gets above one percent it starts to look suspicious. Just saiyan.
    Cannot be true. Unless your Ratio is 8%...
  • the auto ban will catch u if ur diamond/blocks ratio get to be 1.5% just divide ur diamond found by the number of blocks broken. convert the number into percent. However, we will suspect u if it starts getting close to that percent.
  • Oh, I didn't know the limit was 1.5%. I've seen some that were above three percent and they still hadn't been auto-banned. Sorry for that.
  • skullgunner1 said:

I have heard people being banned for mining too much diamonds, and I am curious as to how we can find our own Ratio to know when to stop Mining. I myself tend to spend hours Underground digging the earth, and of course I find lots of treasures. I would just like to know when to stop mining and spend more time mining stone so I won't get banned. Can anyone help?
    banned for mining too many diamonds? wtf kind of shit logic is THIS!?!?!?

if im gonna be banned again for having good luck then i NEVER wanna fucking come back.
  • Its protection against people using illegal means to find their diamonds.
  • The auto-ban mechanism has been in Peacecraft since it was in Derek's hands, it's nothing new, and exists to keep people from using x-ray, and texture hacks to find massive amounts of diamonds without working for it like everyone else. On very rare occasions it is inaccurate, but ratio almost never lies. There are vanishingly few legitimate cases of someone getting banned by it, and it being wrong. It is nearly impossible to breach a 1.5% ratio without cheating the system somehow.
  • Aarchel said:

The auto-ban mechanism has been in Peacecraft since it was in Derek's hands, it's nothing new, and exists to keep people from using x-ray, and texture hacks to find massive amounts of diamonds without working for it like everyone else. On very rare occasions it is inaccurate, but ratio almost never lies. There are vanishingly few legitimate cases of someone getting banned by it, and it being wrong. It is nearly impossible to breach a 1.5% ratio without cheating the system somehow.
    Very true--just based on the basic coding of Minecraft it's almost impossible to get above a 1.5% diamond to block ratio legitimately, even if you're digging at y 15 or below (which gets very dangerous) unless you are EXTREMELY lucky and find diamond as soon as you get down there. Which is extremely difficult. XD

I would like for there to be a kind of auto-ban for lapis, iron, and gold as well, seeing that those who know of the Diamond auto-ban will likely go for these other precious gems to make up for the money they're not getting in diamonds. At least, that's what I would do if I ever wanted to destroy the feeling of getting items legitimately.
  • SatansBane said:

I would like for there to be a kind of auto-ban for lapis, iron, and gold as well, seeing that those who know of the Diamond auto-ban will likely go for these other precious gems to make up for the money they're not getting in diamonds.
    The problem is that those are fairly plentiful, especially iron. A new person could simply walk into a naturally formed cave and find a decent amount of iron with little to no blocks broken required. Lapis is a little more rare, but its more of a luxury item since its really just a dye, and for gold it doesn't matter because its essentially worthless.

That's just my view on the matter.
  • Well, in that case, make the iron ratio really high. XD

And, to defend myself on the Gold thing, one can mine a crapton of gold and sell it to npcs. Granted, it's not as much as diamonds, but it's enough to raise a couple eyebrows.

In all honesty, I was just throwing out suggestions.
  • SatansBane said:

Well, in that case, make the iron ratio really high. XD

And, to defend myself on the Gold thing, one can mine a crapton of gold and sell it to npcs. Granted, it's not as much as diamonds, but it's enough to raise a couple eyebrows.

In all honesty, I was just throwing out suggestions.
    Its worth thinking about. I just think it would cause more grief than its worth.